Monday, December 3, 2018

Opinion: Should You Keep the Money You Find? by Jasmine R. (Grade 5)

    I think you should return any money that you find. If you don’t return the money, that is called stealing.

     If you are ever behind someone and you see them drop some loose cash, you should return it to them. I was once walking when a man in front of me dropped his wallet. He got in a car and drove away, so I picked up his wallet and saw his ID and phone number. The next day my father called the man, he came to my house and claimed his wallet. He thanked us for not taking any money or personal information.

     One reason you should return any lost money is that you would feel bad if you didn't. If you have picked up lost money before, haven’t you thought that what you did was wrong? The person who lost the money could really need it.

     Remember, if you ever find money on the floor, you should give it back to someone or give it to an adult you trust. It’s the right thing to do.